This 6G 2-port eSATA controller is a high performance and economical host adapter that provides a total throughput up to 10 Gbps (10,000 Mbps) via single PCIe 2-lane slot. The controller supports any SATA hard drive, SSDs or optical drive. All drives appears as individual drive and they can be configured to form a RAID group using the RAID utility of the OS. By attaching two high performance SSDs, a high performance, large capacity storage system can be easily created by stripping the two drives using the OS RAID utility.
The controller also supports connecting Port Multiplier in individual drive or RAID configuration. When combining with two Addonics 5-port PM, as many as 10 drives can be attached to any system. It is an ideal solution for attaching many external drives to a computer.
Samples of performance measurements by CrystalDiskMark
The RAID 0 in the test result below is software RAID created by the Windows 7 OS. The controller itself does not have built-in RAID function
|Individual drive performance
(Samsung EVO-mSATA SSD rated for 520 MB READ and 500 MB WRITE)
RAID 0 of two drives
SATA data transfer rate is calculated at 10 bits=1 byte
AEAMR35SA Content: Aluminum Mobile Rack III for 3.5"/ 2.5" SATA hard drive/SSD, a pair of keys for the drive tray, eight (8) bay mounting screws, four (4) 3.5" drive screws, three (3) 2.5" drive screws, user guide.
For more detail, visit product web page www.addonics.com/products/aeamr35sa.php
Please follow the procedure below to do the firmware update:
Firmware update procedures:
1. Use Free WinISO Maker to open Win98SE_bootdisk.iso
2. Please use WinRar to extract all files from re1062.a10.zip, then copy them to the root of Win98SE_bootdisk.iso
3. Save As AHCIbootdisk.iso.
4. Burn AHCIbootdisk.iso to a CD-ROM
5. Boot into DOS by using that CDROM
6. You may need to type "CD D:" command to access the CDROM drive under DOS mode.
7. Type "ahci.bat" drive to start updating the firmware
8. When screen show "PASS:2 FAIL: 0" that means it is upgraded to Firmware Version: 150910_00_00_00
9. Reboot your system, check the POST screen to make sure it is changed to Firmware Version: 150910_00_00_00.
Note: There is always a risk in updating the firmware of a product. During the firmware update, power failure or other interruptions may cause a firmware corruption during the update. The new firmware may not be compatible with your system and thus causing the product not to function at all or to encounter other problems that were not there in the previous firmware version. If you do not have any problem with your current firmware, you may not want to do any update. Addonics is not liable with any problem resulted from updating to the new firmware should you proceed to do the update. The only remedy we can offer is for you to ship the products to us to do a repair. If the product deems to be unrepairable by our service department, you will have to purchase a new unit.