> Products > Mobile Rack > Snap-In 25
Snap-In 25 Q&A
Q: Can the CipherChain ExpressCard be used in a 54mm notebook slot as well?
A: Yes. The CipherChain ExpressCard comes with a bracket that makes the ExpressCard fit snug into 54mm slot.
- Q. What type of media can the Addonics Snap-In 25 support?
A. SATA I, II hard drives and SSD drives. Drives must be under 14mm in height.
- Q. Are there any tools necessary when installing the Addonics Snap-In 25?
A. No. There are no tools or screws needed when installing. The drive trays have mounting clips that keep the hard drives snug inside the enclosure
- Q. Can the Addonics Snap-In 25 be used as a 3.5” hard in any situation?
A. Yes. The Addonics Snap-In 25 virtually turns a 2.5” hard drive into a 3.5” hard drive form factor. It can be used as a direct replacement for a 3.5” hard drive.
- Q. What other products can the Addonics Snap-In 25 be used in?
A. The Addonics Snap-In 25 is applicable in all Addonics products that are designed to use a 3.5” hard drive.
- Q. Can the Snap-In 25 be mounted directly into a 3.5” drive bay?
A. Yes. By mounting directly into the 3.5” drive bay, the Snap-In 25 can be used like a 2.5” removable drive system.
- Q. Is Snap-In 25 a hot swappable device?
A. Hard drives will only be hot swappable if the device is connected to a controller card or mother board that supports hot swap. Not all motherboards support hot swapping. To ensure hot swap capability, you could add one of Addonics host controllers.
specification subject to change