Storage Rack Configuration Examples
The Addonics Storage Rack is a 4U rack mount storage chassis designed to fit onto industrial standard computer rack. Designed to provide tremendous configuration flexibility, the Storage Rack is an ideal platform for creating a custom storage solution with multi-terabytes capability for video storage or editing, data archiving, uninterruptible storage, storage farm or any application that requires high performance or high storage capacity or both. Unlike many of the expensive proprietary storage solution in the market, the Storage Rack offer similar performance and capability at much lower cost per GB storage. In addition, the the Storage Rack can also be easily reconfigured, modified or upgraded at any time to meet your new application need without investing into new storage devices or new storage box. The Storage Rack has nine 5.25" drive bays available, allowing for a maximum of 15 3.5" SATA drives (This can be accomplished by attaching five hard drives configured as a single RAID volume through Hardware Port Multipliers connected onto three individual NAS Adapters, or by Daisy Chaining Hardware Port Multipliers onto a single NAS Adapter.
Example Configuration of NAS Storage Rack with 5x1 eSATA Hardware Port Multiplier
Example Configuration of NAS Storage Rack with 4x1 eSATA/USB Hardware Port Multiplier
NAS Storage Rack features
- Choice of two models
- Additional Hardware Port Multipliers can be installed into the Storage Rack for future expansion.
- Nine 5.25" drive bays for installation of various types of internal removable drive systems
- Great for variety of storage applications - external RAID storage, Video storage, Server storage
- 4U rack mount storage chassis
- Constructed with heavy duty cold rolled electroplated steel
- Choice of standard ATX power supply or Redundant power supply
- Dual 90x90mm cooling fans (51CFM each)
- LED displays - Power, HDD Activity, Fan, and Temperature
- Front accessible switches - Power On / Off, System Reset, Buzzer Reset
- 3 mounting locations supporting a variety of connection choices or various combinations
- Intelligent Thermal Management Card
Basic NAS Adapter features
- Convert any USB 2.0 / 1.1 mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage device
- Great for adding Addonics Storage Tower, Storage Rack or any Addonics USB storage device onto the network
- Great for creating a custom Network Attached Storage appliance.
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5" USB hard drives or any low powered USB storage device.
- Support Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps.
- Simple to install
- Small and light weight. Size slightly longer than a C size battery. Can be installed practically anywhere
- Can be set as DHCP server or client.
- Support Samba server for up to 64 concurrent clients.
- Support FTP server for up to 8 concurrent users.
- Can be set as a print server to attach any USB printer to the network
- Built-in Bit Torrent client for direct download to the attached USB storage device
- Can be set as a UPnP AV server to share photo/music files stored on the file server with XBOX 360 video game consoles connected to the LAN
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- Administrative management access via web browser with password security.
- Compatible with all Windows OS, Mac OS, Linux 2.6.x and above, Solaris 9 and above
note: The maximum capacity of the NAS Adapter is 2 TB. This is the limitation of current FAT32 file system and not related to Addonics hardware
Model, Price and Package content
||Description and Package Content
||Click shopping cart to
check price and order online
|NAS Storage Rack with one 5-port HPM - support 1 - 5 SATA hard drives with RAID capability. Can be expanded to 15 drives
Content: Storage Rack integrated with 1 5-port Hardware Port Multiplier (SR460SHPM), 3 -foot eSATA - eSATA connecting cable (AAESATA100C), USB 2.0 to eSATA Adapter (AAU2ESA), NAS Adapter (NASU2)
|NAS Storage Rack with one 4-port HPM - support 1 - 4 SATA hard drives with RAID capability. Can be expanded to 15 drives
Content: Storage Rack integrated with 1 4-port Hardware Port Multiplier (SR46S4R5HM), USB 2.0 Type A-B cable (AAUSBAB6F), NAS Adapter (NASU2)
Specification subjects to change without notice