- Built-In SMB / Samba server for file sharing over LAN
- Built-in FTP server for file access over the internet
- Great for setting up a private Cloud storage or quick drive sharing (these new feature requires the latest firmware V98a.5 released on 6/16/2014)¹
- Support full disk sharing of drive with existing data in SMB and FTP
- Support selecting existing folders² that are already on the drive for sharing in SMB and FTP
- Full Disk or Folder sharing can be assigned to authorized users with different READ/WRITE privileges
- Built-in file formatting utility for XFS and EXT3
- Support 10/100/1000 Mbps network
- Maximum data transfer over Gigabit LAN:
RAID storage USB storage read write read write XFS up to 85 MB/sec up to 45 MB/sec up to 30 MB/sec up to 30 MB/sec EXT3 or EXT4 up to 50 MB/sec up to 35 MB/sec up to 30 MB/sec Up to 30 MB/sec NTFS up to 16 MB/sec up to 5 MB/sec up to 16 MB/sec up to 5 MB/sec FAT32 up to 18 MB/sec up to 8 MB/sec up to 18 MB/sec up to 8 MB/sec
- Support XFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NTFS or FAT32 file system
- Maximum partition size or drive volume capacity:
- XFS - 16 TB
- EXT3 - 16 TB
- EXT4 - 16 TB
- NTFS - 9 TB
- FAT32 - 2TB
- USB port to support adding USB drives to the network up to total 15 drive volumes when combined with USB hub
- Support Up to 15 partitions per RAID volume or drive - giving a maximum 240 drive volumes on the network
- Storage device with existing data can be attached via USB port (the folder name must be in large CAP to be sharable). See Q&A section on folder and file security setting
- Maximum user accounts:
- Samba server - 64,0000*
- Maximum # of concurrent connections:
- Samba and FTP server combined - 32,000*
- Built-in MLDonkey client for direct download to the attached storage device
- Web GUI administration
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5" USB hard drives or any low power USB storage device
* These are the theoretical limits in the kernel. As # of concurrent connections increase, performance starts to decline depending on the drive access activity from the concurrent connections.
1. These new features are available on the latest firmware V98a.5. Products that are shipped after 6/15/2014 are loaded with the latest firmware. You may upgrade to the new firmware on your unit by going to the Support tab on this page and follow the firmware upgrade procedure.
2. Only folder name containing no space can be shared
- AES 256-bit encryption - the highest level of encryption standard
- FIPS 140-2 certified Crypto Module listed in NIST
- Full disk encryption. No traceable data when the encrypted drive is connected to any system
- No training required. Encryption/decryption is activated via a hardware key , just like using a regular key to open a door.
- High performance - up to 150 MB/sec
- OS independent - can be used on any system
There is no back door for the Secure NAS if the Cipher key is lost or stolen. To ensure there is a spare key, every Secure NAS comes with one pair of Cipher keys. One of these keys should be kept in a safe, secure location and, if needed, can be sent back to Addonics for duplicating additional keys. If one of the two keys is lost, be sure to make a back up of all the data stored inside the Secure NAS prior to sending your last Cipher key to Addonics. Addonics is not responsible for keys lost in the mail or the retrieval of the data inside the Secure NAS. Customers may also order additional Cipher keys with the same key code when ordering the Secure NAS.
The AES 256-bit Cipher key used for the Secure NAS is the same Cipher key used in the Addonics Diamond Cipher drive kit, Ruby Cipher drive kit or the CipherChain. As a result, the same Cipher key can operate the storage device that has been encrypted by either the CipherChain, Diamond Cipher, or Ruby Cipher drive kit. The Cipher keys can also be reprogrammed with other codes by using the optional key management system or by sending the keys to Addonics for the reprogramming service (at no charge).
There are two paris of Cipher keys in this model. By default, these Cipher keys are all coded the same. You may request to two different codes at the time of purchase or leave a note at the instruction box at the final check on our online store
- Optional Cipher key management system - For organization with large deployment, you may consider managing your own keys by investing into a Addonics Cipher key duplicating system.